[trARPES] METIS: visit of SPECS and SurfaceConcepts, 20.+21.11.
ernstorfer at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Tue Nov 13 15:04:07 CET 2018
SPECS (Marko Wietstruk & Oleksy) and Surface Concepts (Michael
Kallmayer) will come next week Tuesday & Wednesday. We will start
Tuesday, 20.11., 8 am.
The work plan looks roughly like this:
* venting of the chamber (in retracted position), removal of the
springs supporting the METIS translation.
* rotation of the METIS extractor and installation of the unshielded
HV cable. The HV feedthrough will be installed in another port.
responsible person: Marko
* opening of the METIS on the detector side, remove the TOF chamber,
unmount the TOF tube, reinstall TOF chamber, perform magnetic field
measurements inside the TOF chamber. responsible person: Michael (he
will arrive Tuesday around lunch time).
* the suspicious component is a µ-metal inlay bridging the flange
connecting the TOF chamber with the so-called spin-replacement
chamber. I think it would be good to visually inspect the mechanical
connection of the inlay with a camera brought inside the TOF chamber.
* in case magnetic fields enter at the inlay, we will try mechanical
deformation to improve the magnetic closure. Otherwise a measurement
of the inner geometry needs to be done and a new µ-metal inlay needs
to be fabricated.
* goal: magnetic fields inside the TOF tube <= 0.1 µT
* another aspect to clarify is the origin of the fairly strong
magnetic fields outside the chamber and the apparent magnetization
of the METIS tubes. Measurement of the magnetic fields in the
vicinity of the detached TOF chamber and the fields at the position
of the TOF chamber (while it is detached).
* FHI-internal: remove dropped sample from the analysis chamber.
* magnetic field sensor (SPECS)
* special wrenches for the hardly accessible 200 flange (SPECS)
* spools and power supply (SPECS)
* camera (FHI)
* non-magnetic screws for replacing the V2A screws (SPECS)
To be clarified before the visit:
* tool and procedure for demagnetization (?), SPECS
* accommodation for Michael
Ralph Ernstorfer ernstorfer at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Research Group Structural and Electronic Surface Dynamics
ERC project FLATLAND
Fritz Haber Institute
Faradayweg 4-6 Tel: +49 30 8413-5117
14195 Berlin Fax: +49 30 8413-5387
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the trARPES