[trARPES] METIS update

Ralph Ernstorfer ernstorfer at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Tue Nov 20 23:30:58 CET 2018

Dear all,

short update. The METIS is reassembled and pumping down. Michael
Kallmayer will be back tomorrow 8:30 am and the idea is to test the
magnetic field effects with the chessy sample. This means we need 3 eV.
Shuo, Sam, can you please take care of that?

The outcome of today's exercise is that the µ-metal inlay is
insufficient. Likely, a new part needs to be machined and installed at a
later point. We think, however, that we improved the fields inside the
METIS by some changes.

After the tests on the chessy sample, it's baking time.

Cheers,
  Ralph

Ralph Ernstorfer                            ernstorfer at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Research Group Structural and Electronic Surface Dynamics
ERC project FLATLAND
Fritz Haber Institute
Faradayweg 4-6                              Tel: +49 30 8413-5117
14195 Berlin                                Fax: +49 30 8413-5387
Germany
http://w0.rz-berlin.mpg.de/pc/ernstorfer/