[trARPES] Metis secondary electron suppression

Laurenz Rettig rettig at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Mon Jun 1 12:01:04 CEST 2020

As I mentioned, I don't understand yet how this TOF blanker box works
internally yet. The pulse generator creates 2V LVTTL pulses, and the
small box somehow gernates these ~7-8V pulses out of it. You can somehow
modify the amplitude by playing with the pulse length and repetition
parameter, but as soon as you do, you get artefact readings from the DLD.

So I don't know how much flexibility there is, but Surface Concept
should know, they built this thing, and the DLD. They should be able to
tell us, but don't seem eager to help...

Best, Laurenz

--
Dr. Laurenz Rettig
Fritz Haber Institute of the Max Planck Society

phone: +49-(0)30-8413 5225
email: rettig at fhi-berlin.mpg.de