[trARPES] next week

Laurenz Rettig rettig at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Sun Jun 7 18:52:52 CEST 2020

Dear all,

I'm taking a day off tomorrow, so I won't be there for our trARPES
meeting. Therefore I want to bring you up to date for my plans for the
coming week.

On Wednesday morning, we arranged with Gerd Schönhense to visit, as he
is in Berlin anyways, and he wants to show us some more tricks regarding
lenstables and how to use the deflectors and stigmators/octupoles for
improving resolution and distortion. For this it would be good to have a
WSe2 sample and the Chessy sample in the chamber. I would come on
Wednesday for this, and I think it would also be good to have another
person in the lab for laser support, maybe either Shuo, Sam or Tom?
Other people I suggest we add then via Zoom once everything is started
up. Exact timing we still have to coordinate.

Right now, the UHV suitcase is still connected, which makes normal
transfers quite a hazzle. I suggest to remove it early next week, if you
can decide how to go forward with the CGT sample, Tom (either keep it in
the chamber for further expt., or park it in the suitcase for transfer
back to Halle).

There is a WSe2 sample on the Manipulator in front of the Metis right
now, but I don't know if it still lives. It's more than a week old now.
There are two more uncleaved ones in the load lock.

So far from my side, we can also have a planning meeting Tuesday morning.

Best, Laurenz

--
Dr. Laurenz Rettig
Fritz Haber Institute of the Max Planck Society

phone: +49-(0)30-8413 5225
email: rettig at fhi-berlin.mpg.de